Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Working with sub-contractor labs, reviewing documents (e.g. protocols, reports, risk assessments), analysing data, and producing required outputs (e.g. risk assessments and summary reports)
- Keeping up to date with a working knowledge of industry regulations, standards, and guidance documents for medical device reprocessing, and sterilisation.
- Concurrently oversee multiple projects requiring frequent communication and collaboration between internal departments and external suppliers, including test houses.
- Manage multiple cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation validations as well as compatibility investigations with reprocessing agents and performance testing with diligence.
- Conduct reprocessing, sterilisation risk assessments and input to IFU generation and reprocessing related UFMEAs.
- Generate technical summaries to support regulatory submission, approvals, and strategies.
- Update relevant documentation for existing products to ensure compliance with country-specific requirements and international standards.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the reprocessing & biocompatibility remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in life sciences, microbiology or relevant technical discipline.
- Experience in the analytical and meticulous examination of reports and data from a similar role in industry or consultancy, with a preference for the medical device field.
- Expertise in Sterilisation, Reprocessing and Regulatory Submissions
- Proficient in Microsoft and other software applications.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and to manage multiple project timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective communication with cross functional teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.