We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated senior business associate to join our growing data science team at CMR. Life on CMR’s data science team is cutting edge and both challenging and rewarding, after all our mission is ambitious: To transform surgery for good. To succeed we recruit the very best talent to help us solve difficult problems in surgery, by helping to position our research and development in the market. As a member of the team you’ll be responsible for providing strong leadership in business case development, overseeing project management and curating a supportive environment within which the wider team can thrive.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Formulating problems and needs that can be addressed through data science and machine learning in conjunction with the wider team and by engaging with stakeholders, customers and KOLs.
- Generating value propositions and building financial models.
- Developing business cases for data-driven AI solutions that help CMR succeed – solving real problems with safe, integrated solutions.
- Engaging with CMR’s marketing team to develop go to market strategies and helping to position CMR’s data-driven products in global markets.
- Providing project management support across all of the teams’ activities.
- Identifying, developing and establishing key partnership opportunities.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Strategic Analytics remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
As the ideal candidate you’ll be rigorous and methodological, a great communicator, a team player, a supportive leader, and continue to learn new skills and techniques to advance your career. What we’re looking for:
- You are well organised and a great communicator with excellent data mining and analytical skills.
- You have a degree in business, finance, management or other related discipline.
- You have a background in management consultancy or equivalent experience.
- While no previous knowledge of robotic surgery or healthcare data is necessarily required, you are able to quickly grasp new concepts and ideas, methodologically research a market, and digest and refine key data to build a strong business case.
- You are enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and aligned with CMR’s mission.
- You have previous experience in project management and are familiar with the Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- You are comfortable with standard business tools including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Sharepoint).
- You are confident and capable of setting up and running meetings with key opinion leaders, internal and external customers, reflecting their opinions methodically into your reports.
- You are whole-heartedly prepared to do whatever is asked and required to succeed.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.