We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and ambitious Senior IT Engineer as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to develop, support and maintain IT infrastructure, enterprise applications and user base in a rapidly growing and innovative company, then this is for you.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Business Operations in devising IT strategy to serve growing management, engineering and commercial teams
- Working closely with colleagues in IT services and support to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment
- Setting up the IT infrastructure and services for our new offices and manufacturing facility
Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on, flexible and user focussed approach. You’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues (both within in the IT team and across the company)
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented. Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time, tasks and relevant IT services
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Strong upward management skills
You’ll have in-depth knowledge of:
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system and General user support
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Networking, including subnets, VLAN, DHCP and DNS, firewall configuration
- PC and laptop hardware
- Scripting (Python, PowerShell or BASH)
- Network Attached Storage (Synology, iSCSI)
- AWS and other cloud solutions and technologies
And good knowledge of:
- Server hardware, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and SSH, Office356
- Enterprise application support and development (including ERP, Saleforce, HR systems)
We’d also want you to have a 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant subject (eg Computing Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics) from top university. You should have at least 3 years relevant industry experience. With two sites to look after and a third to bring on stream, we also need you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm fully-instruments. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.