We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and ambitious Senior IT Engineer as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to develop, support and maintain IT infrastructure, enterprise applications and user base in a rapidly growing and innovative company, then this is for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
• Apply your experience to assist in growing CMR’s infrastructure in the UK and globally.
• Contribute to IT strategy, decisions and planning.
• As part of the IT Team work to support a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Where necessary, provide technical leadership on areas of work or to small technical teams.
• Developing and implementing innovative solutions based on requirements.
• Designing, building and automating current tools and processes to ensure and improve availability, scalability and performance
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the IT team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on, flexible, delivery focused approach. You’ll be a great team player with outstanding people skills and happy to throw yourself into a non-hierarchical environment.
You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of:
• Current cloud technologies (O365 and AWS)
• Networking, firewalls and perimeter security
• Linux and Windows Server
• Scripting (python/PowerShell)
• Active Directory Domains and related services.
It would be great if you have working knowledge or experience of:
• Remote/multiple sites including working with geographically distributed teams
• Storage technologies
We’d also like you to have a 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Computing Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics) from a good university. You should have significant relevant industry experience. With multiple sites to look after we’d like you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!