We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and ambitious Senior IT Engineer as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to develop, support and maintain IT infrastructure, enterprise applications and user base in a rapidly growing and innovative company, then this is for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Business Operations in devising IT strategy to serve growing management, engineering and commercial teams.
- Working closely with colleagues in IT services and support to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up the IT infrastructure and services for our new offices and manufacturing facility.
Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on, flexible and user focussed approach. You’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time, tasks and relevant IT services.
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues (both within the IT team and across the company including international offices).
- Strong upward management skills.
You’ll have in-depth knowledge of:
- Current cloud solutions and technologies, AWS, 0365, etc
- Virtualisation technologies VMware and Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012R2 and onwards
- Networking, including subnets, VLAN, DHCP and DNS, firewall configuration
- Scripting (Python, PowerShell or BASH)
- Network Attached Storage
- Enterprise application support and development (including ERP, Saleforce, HR systems)
- Windows desktop operating system
- Server hardware
- PC and laptop hardware
We’d also like you to have a 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant subject (eg Computing Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics) from a good university. You should have significant relevant industry experience. With multiple sites to look after we’d like you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!