Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop and implement creative solutions which meet key requirements and utilise different technologies
- Manage and deliver specific tasks, within agreed timescales and budget, as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Write complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Provide design input to product risk-analyses and design-for-manufacture activities
- Collaborate widely across teams, including clinical, usability, supply chain and manufacturing to ensure that design are delivered to the highest standard throughout the product development process
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the mechanical remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator goes without saying, in addition we’d like you to have:
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline plus extensive industry experience
- Significant design experience of innovative and complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks
- Proven ability to optimise lightweight structural design for high reliability and ease of manufacture
- Excellent analytical skills and experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, CFD, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for low and high-volume production
- Experience of operating under formal design processes and designing to IEC 60601, including verification
- Exposure and appreciation of developing medical products under ISO13485
- Appreciation of mechatronic systems with high precision and fast response characteristics would be beneficial
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.