Marketing lies at the heart of our strategy and the senior product marketing manager is a key role within the team.
Our product, Versius, is a next generation surgical robot designed to address the vast majority of minimal access procedures. Our initial focus is on surgery performed within the abdomen and pelvis, with specialities including gynaecology, urology, upper GI, colorectal and hernia.
Your role will be to build the country specific downstream marketing team and lead them as we expand the reach of Versius.
The role will be a mix of field and office based, out of our Cambridge headquarters.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the most exciting medical device companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
The role consists of multiple management activities, with a strong focus on product marketing. (MESSAGING)
In your day-to-day role, you will:
- be a product evangelist for Versius
- become an expert in the field of minimal access surgery and surgical robotics
- become an expert in Versius, able to expertly demonstrate Versius and successfully position its key messaging to internal and external stakeholders
- develop and maintain relevant procedural knowledge and develop key surgeon relationships
- working with Strategic Marketing, support the development, collection and dissemination of information about market trends, customer needs, clinical trends and competitive landscape globally
- turn complex technical information into compelling value propositions for each speciality we address
- develop appropriate go-to-market product messaging that engaging target audiences in our key markets that can be used across all marketing channels
- support and input into the development of high-quality commercial assets to include (but not limited to) brochures, trade advertising, video and other collateral materials required by your commercial and marketing colleagues.
- assist with creation of procedural specific aids per specialty
- input, support and attend all key tradeshows and conferences, in co-ordination with the events team, to assist with messaging, product demonstrations and customer engagement.
- work with focus groups to gain market insights and feedback for upstream marketing to drive product development, expansion and improvements
- fully support commercial team training programmes that deliver consistent key product and corporate messaging by providing detailed knowledge-based assets as part of the core curriculum
Management, mentoring and relationship management
- management and mentoring of the product marketing team as you grow it
- in this role, you play a pivotal role within the marketing function that will be responsible for building critical internal relationships with other functions including colleagues within commercial, clinical, strategic marketing and professional education
We’re a young, high growth, company and as such roles change and evolve. We’re not like every most medtech companies; we’re deliberately disruptive in our approach and welcome people who can think ‘outside the box’ of the way everyone else does things. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the commercial and marketing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
- A highly passionate individual that notices and cares about design details and physician experience with medical technology
- Have significant relevant experience as a medical device Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager, with a history of defining, developing and launching excellent products.
- Bring your surgical experience in working in medical devices aimed at abdominal or pelvic specialties. Experience of minimal access surgery would be a must.
- Ideally have experience in multinational companies and smaller start-ups
- Have developed data manipulation and analysis skills, in order to develop market and product insights and drive decision making.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting to senior management and customers.
Naturally, you’ll be a self-starter with excellent teamwork skills and a proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines and ability to influence cross-functional teams. You’ll be able to both set and meet goals based on department and corporate objectives and have the ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is required. With a European wide role, travel will be required up to 60% of your time. You will need to be located within Europe.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.