Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be part of a close-knit and dynamic team, providing technical support to our design groups and working closely with suppliers. Among other things, this will include:
- Working with design groups to encourage Design to Cost is adequately considered as part of the design process
- Working closely with suppliers and design groups to facilitate smooth and speedy completion of DFM/A exchanges
- Design roll out, including equipment/process qualification for volume production
- Supplier process development to improve quality & consistency and reduce cost
- Sourcing and reviewing potential new component/assembly suppliers
- Partnering with the procurement team and SQEs to manage suppliers
Naturally, you’ll be reliable, responsible and have a keen eye for detail. You’ll be as keen as we are to work to the highest possible standards, and a great team player. We’re also looking for you to have:
- A flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a fast-paced working environment, or by a wide range of tasks
- The ability to broker strong working relationships with multiple teams
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to travel globally
As for qualifications, we’re looking for you to have:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience of medical device manufacture within an accredited ISO 13485 quality management system or one in a similarly regulated industry would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of manual and automated mechanical assembly techniques would be ideal
- Experience in injection moulded component tooling, manufacture and assembly would be desirable as would experience in fabricated metalwork, electrical/electronic assemblies and/or complex subcontracted assemblies
- A high proficiency in MS Office tools
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.