Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Organise and lead meetings both internally and externally with suppliers in remit, as part of a multifunctional team, to support the application of new designs or problem resolution for existing designs
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliancas well as managing performance improvement activities
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
- Take ownership for daily activities in respect of suppliers within remit. Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems. Resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, design changes and supply chain initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Prepare and communicate product data packs, BOM’s, Drawings & work instructions to suppliers. Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Support the development of ERP system against Procurement requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers, following new supplier guidelines.
- Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to extended Supply Chain team to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Additional professional qualification highly desirable (CIPS)
- A self-motivated and customer focused approach
- A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
- Proven decision-making experience
- Experienced Purchasing background in relevant discipline or industry
- A good understanding of technical terms with respect to Mechanical materials, to enable confident communication with suppliers and internal engineering
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!