Want to get into the fast-growing world of surgical robotics? How about working in a commercial team with a radically different culture and a customer focussed approach to incentivising performance? CMR Surgical are recruiting for a number of commercial positions based within the UK & Eire. As a Service Development Specialist – working closely with the Service Creation & Implementation teams, you will identify, funnel and guide new surgical teams to expand the utilisation of VERSIUS – the next generation of robotic assisted surgical systems.
Growing our installed base of VERSIUS systems – Just like our technology, our business model sets us apart and you will work with clinical stakeholders to demonstrate & model the benefits of VERSIUS services. You will also work closely with your colleagues in Service Creation & Implementation to identify, engage and funnel new surgical teams across multiple specialities to form a service expansion pipelines.
Deliver an unparalleled customer experience – The days of putting customers under pressure to place orders to hit your quota are long gone. Instead, your performance reviews and incentive schemes are linked directly to customer satisfaction. We are raising the bar. We want every customer to consider us a valued partner – and you will be our brand ambassador.
Pave the way for change – At CMR, no-one ‘owns’ hospitals, we don’t compete with one another – we do great work together, and help one another to improve. You will be surrounded by a diverse group of caring, funny, highly intelligent, hard working people within a culture of ambition & creativity with a common goal – to bring high quality, minimally invasive surgery to more people. As you become a seasoned member of the team, you will be responsible for mentoring new members of the team, hiring future colleagues, and representing the business at conferences and exhibitions, nationally and on occasion, internationally.
- You’ll be a graduate or perhaps you have a few years commercial experience in Medical Devices or another industry.
- We also expect you to be highly curious, outgoing and above all be able to demonstrate a self-starter attitude
- A ’cause’ mindset – the belief that you are in control and that you ‘own your outcomes’
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire and assimilate complex concepts quickly
- You’ll be inherently self-disciplined – much of the role will be autonomous and require diligent and persistent follow up
- A willingness to travel nationally 2-4 days/week with occasional international travel
- You are based anywhere in the UK/Eire
- Life science degree preferred or equivalent clinical/medical degree or experience
- Previous technical, financial or concept sales experience
- Experience in the hospital theatre environment
- Experience of Minimal Access Surgery, Navigation and/or Robotics
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal minimal access surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.