Working within the Customer Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing our Service Lab and supporting the daily activities of the Customer Operations team. The role will include management of the Lab facilities and hardware, promoting industry best practices and continuous process improvement of activities conducted there. Execution of this task will require you to liaise closely with our Engineers and other CMR internal teams.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Encouraging a working environment which embraces continuous process improvement
- Providing training on industry best practices for members of the Customer Operations Team
- Being familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and enabling all users to work in compliance with those standards
- Overseeing laboratory safety
- Overseeing ESD measures including training of new joiners
- Preparation for ISO-13485 audit of our Service Lab spaces and applicable documents
- Defining and documenting workflows within the Service Lab to include
- Service and repair activities
- Testing, configuring and preparing Versius for shipment to our Customers
- Processing Customer returns and decontamination of equipment.
- Training other personnel in safe use of lab equipment
- Ensuring that tools and equipment are suitably calibrated and maintained
- Ensuring all reagents and supplies are available when needed
- Developing and encouraging adoption of good environmental sustainability practices within workflows and spaces used for service and repair
- Supporting the roll-out of good practices and processes in the Service Lab used to maintain the Versius System worldwide.
You will need to:
- Have professional experience in lab management
- Have professional experience of service or manufacture of complex electromechanical products
- Have strong process-improvement experience, preferably with professional accreditation
- Be detailed orientated with excellent organisation skills and be able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Have a hands-on approach; lead by doing
- Be data-driven; measure what matters
- Be able to negotiate effectively and fairly
- Communicate effectively in and open and honest way with CMR internal teams; exhibit a strong people-focus
- Be fluent in English (additional language skills an advantage) with proven skill in writing technical content.
- Have skill in Microsoft Office tools (MSWord, MSExcel in particular)
We would like you to:
- Have experience of in the medical devices market
- Be familiar with ERP tools (past experience with Netsuite an advantage)
- Be familiar with field service management software
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.