We’re looking for highly capable, enthusiastic Python developers to join our growing manufacturing software team in Cambridge. You’d be taking a pivotal role in the development of new Python-based software to sup-port manufacture of our minimally invasive surgical robotic system, and maintenance of our existing code base.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
In this role, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop maintainable and robust software (primarily Python) following best practices
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with electronic, mechanical, manufacturing and embedded engineers
- Enthusiastically engage with users to create great products that meet key engineering requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Write clear and concise technical documentation
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the software remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You’ll have a degree in a STEM subject, and be able to demonstrate strong Python software development skills developed through professional experience. You’re the kind of person who has a passion for high quality software, a drive to continually learn new skills, and a determination to deliver great software within agreed timescales.
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Great communication skills
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Motivated to improve outcomes for patients
- Knowledge of some/all of the following Python modules:
- PyQt, numpy, pandas, ctypes, socket, struct, threading
- Ability to read and understand C/C++
- Knowledge of standard network protocols
- Experience of GUI application development
- Experience migrating Python 2.7 code to Python 3
- Experience interfacing with electronics
- Understanding of basic mechanical concepts – e.g. gear ratios and torque
- Experience with relational databases and use of SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and TeamCity
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, with a commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.