We're looking for a Software Operations Engineer / Technician based in Cambridge. You'd be supporting internal customers using a variety of bespoke applications to manufacture, develop and monitor our minimally invasive surgical robotic system.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- First point of contact for internal customers using applications developed by CMR helping to resolve issues and, where necessary, taking issues directly to the development team
- Engaging in the process of releasing new applications to ensure CMR provides an excellent internal support experience from the first day applications are available
- Active monitoring of an exciting and technically rich platform with a cross section of serverless infrastructure, web applications and standalone clients running across a number of geographies
- Contribute to the development of the Customer Support KnowledgeBase and continuous improvement agenda with the focus on increasingly well monitored and observable solutions
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the software remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Naturally we’d expect you to have an appropriate Computer Science, Maths or equivalent degree, with significant industry experience. You will need to have:
- Previous technical (IT) experience, preferably in an operational, customer service or support environment
- Basic programming skills
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and operating systems e.g. AWS, Linux and Windows Server
- You will be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve
- Rigorous attention to detail combined with a creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to read and understand detailed technical documentation
- The ability to communicate with customers in high pressure situations and maintain strong customer relationships
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Previous involvement in the process of developing and releasing software applications
- Practical knowledge of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS), and maintenance of physical servers
- Familiarity using schematic electronics and mechanical documentation to problem solve
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, with a commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!