We’re looking for highly capable, enthusiastic leader to join our growing software team in Cambridge. You’d be guiding and supporting a small team of developers creating and enhancing applications to improve our ability to manufacture, develop and monitor our minimally invasive surgical robotic system.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Lead a software delivery team helping them to reliably deliver high quality software to an agreed deadline
- Provide technical direction when the team makes design decisions
- Able to communicate accurately and clearly the progress of the team
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the software remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You’ll have a 2.1 or above in a computer science degree, relevant engineering, mathematics, or science discipline, and can combine this with a few years’ experience in software product development. You’ll be able to demonstrate strong software development skills and be the kind of person who is determined to develop software to the highest standards within agreed timescales.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills demonstrated throughout the design process
- Proven ability to lead a team to deliver projects on time and to quality
- Experience of working with Agile development methodologies
- A history of supporting the development of more junior engineers
- Knowledge of software development best practises and designing software for testability
- Good communication skills
- Passion for software craftmanship and drive to continually learn new skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Developing real time embedded systems using both bare metal and RTOS architectures
- Exposure to software development for high reliability systems (E.g. Functional Safety / IEC 61508 or Software for Medical Devices / IEC 62304)
- Experience of working to specific coding standards for safety, such as MISRA C or High Integrity C++
- Development of software with unit tests for regression testing
- Experience of working with continuous integration systems for automated build and testing
- Familiarity with a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Comfortable reading electronics schematics and debugging software on target hardware
- Developing software and algorithms for robotic technologies
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, with a commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.