Working within the Customer Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing the stock of Finished Goods and supporting the daily activities of the Customer Operations team. The role will include preparing shipments to send to our customers: picking and packing from our finished goods stores and making sure that these goods are ready to be shipped in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for processing returned goods (both physically and on our ERP system) through our service lab and handing these onto engineers and other CMR internal teams. You’ll be key to ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and smooth operations of our Customer Services teams.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing our goods-out area
- Picking and picking Finished Goods (both physically and on our ERP system)
- Sending shipments to our customers
- Processing Customer returns (both physically and on our ERP system)
- Managing the decontamination area of the service lab including maintaining the equipment and ensuring all reagents and supplies are available when needed
- Working with engineers and other CMR internal teams
You will need to:
- Have a relevant degree coupled with professional experience in looking after stock and shipping consignments.
- Have experience with ERP tools (past experience with Netsuite is an advantage)
- Have a hands-on approach when preparing consignments for shipping
- Be detailed orientated with excellent organisation skills and be able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Communicate effectively in an open and honest way with CMR internal teams; exhibit a strong people-focus
- Be fluent in English (additional language skills an advantage)
- Have skill in Microsoft Office tools (MSWord, MSExcel in particular)
We would like you to:
- Have experience of in the medical devices market
- Be familiar with field service management software
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.