Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining good relationships with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, and R&D departments
- Assuring consistent supplier performance & assisting in the development & implementation of supplier management programs
- Creating or assisting in supplier risk assessments and identifying areas which are critical to quality
- Assessing suppliers through personal contact, visit, and audit. Being a certified Lead Auditor is an advantage
- Facilitating corrective action and preventive actions aimed at addressing supplier quality issues, this includes ensuring appropriate investigations associated with product, supplier performance, and complaints
- Facilitating RoHS and REACH compliance
- Generating, reviewing and approving of supplier quality-related support documentation
- Reporting supplier performance and quality to management
- Support with maintaining Approved Supplier List
- Experience in facilitating the negotiation process and the completion of quality agreement with suppliers is an advantage
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Quality remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have
- A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems (ideally the requirements of ISO13485 and FDA 21 CFR part 820)
- Hosting suppliers, dealing with parts quality improvement
- Working with a quality system preferably ISO13485
- Knowledge of RoHS and REACH requirements
- Working within the medical device industry ideally with mechanic, electronic or electrochemical technologies
- Practical knowledge & experience in a range of quality techniques, methods and tools
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.