This role will allow you scope to implement and manage the supply chain processes to enable growth from small batch to serial production as well as consideration for expanded product range. The role calls for someone who can be hands on, who can work with new and existing suppliers, and grow and develop the team.
You’d provide direction to supplier selection, supplier management, price negotiation and planning activities. Naturally you’d work closely with Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing peers to understand organizational requirements, ensure company goals, priorities and objectives are achieved.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Driving Supply Chain Development programs improving Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Finding exceptional suppliers and builds strong relationships with key suppliers, intelligently negotiating optimal pricing, ensuring supplier engagement to meet product development launch goals and desired flow of quality parts to meet production requirements.
- Ensuring effective inventory management systems and controls for material and finished product inventories.
- Informing the Finance Director what level of provisions and accruals are required to reasonably reflect supply chain risks and issues which will or may affect the profit and loss account in subsequent periods.
- Working closely with Commercial team and Production Planning to plan for forecast demand such that the necessary supply chain is in place and required inventory levels are achieved.
- Reviewing the potential to vertically integrate or outsource certain aspects of the supply chain over time.
- Managing global procurement / buying activity and developing process / systems to improve efficiency
- Maintaining an effective organization; ensuring that the department is appropriately staffed, trained and developed.
- Establishing department and individual measurable goals that are aligned with the company priorities and ensuring those goals are achieved.
Naturally you’ll have experience working within a progressive production environment, using ERP and planning systems, and we need you to have a minimum of 3 years of senior management experience in a medical device manufacturing environment. As you’ll be running a team, we’re looking for you to have top rate leadership & management skills. We’d also expect you to have excellent communication skills and be capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- The ability to operate in a fast developing and changing high technology environment, able to differentiate and prioritise between multiple competing options, without losing sight of the long term strategic objectives of the Company.
- Strong negotiator and has a good grasp of contract law / structure.
- A proven ability to take a flexible approach on a day-to-day basis and perform tasks outside of one’s job description Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in supplier management (e. g. completed outsourcing project to a contract manufacturer, extensive “make or buy” experience, or demonstrated cost reduction project in supply chain).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm fully-instruments. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.