Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We are looking for an experienced Group Leader to grow and develop the System Reliability Group and join our growing team in Cambridge.
As part of growing and developing a multidisciplined team, your responsibilities will include:
- Technical planning and overview of group activities
- Progress reporting of group activities to Head of Systems and Reliability
- Recruitment and development of the existing group
- Identifying and growing technical capabilities to support product reliability
- Ensuring best practice for test activities and test processes
- Contributing to technical projects for planning and resourcing
- Ensuring transition of long-term testing from Project completion to the group as an ongoing reliability activity
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything required of your team to help deliver its objectives.
With a solid background in Engineering, you will have experience of leading a technical team, with a practical knowledge of planning and testing end to end Systems (ideally within the Medical Device industry). We would also expect you to have an inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, you should have:
- Experience of line managing a group
- Experience of planning and delivering small work packages
- Experience of defining system test approaches incorporating software, electronics and mechanics
- Knowledge of Requirement Management systems
- Exposure to Device Risk Management
- A good degree (at least 2.1) in a technical / scientific discipline
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Verification of Medical Devices
- Working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Medical Devices Standards and Certification
- Experience of delivering products to market
- Experience with HAST/HALT and environmental testing an advantage
- Experience of using CAD tools to design and create test jigs
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!