Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but your responsibilities will include:
- Definition and execution of test protocols from system, user and risk related requirements
- Creation of bespoke test environments and rigs (software, hardware or combination of both)
- Contributing to the overall compliance of the system, and identification of gaps (including documentation)
- Understanding system level behaviour and ensuring this is fully verified and documented
- Technical oversight of a small technical team of test engineers
- Monitoring and reporting test progress to the Task Manager
- Developing process improvements to streamline test activities
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything required of your team to help deliver its objectives.
You’ll have significant experience in a Systems Test role, with a practical knowledge of testing end to end Systems in a regulated industry (automotive, medical, aerospace). We’d also expect you to have an inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent communication skills. In addition you should have:
- Experience of planning and executing tests from requirements (core and derived)
- Experience of defining system test approaches incorporating software, electronics and mechanics
- Exposure to Device Risk Management
- A good degree (at least 2.1) in a technical / scientific discipline or significant experience in a similar role
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Verification of Medical Devices
- Working in an Agile environment
- Awareness of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Familiarity with medical devices standards and certification
- Experience of delivering products to market
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with HAST/HALT and environmental testing an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!