We have a fantastic role available for a proactive recruitment partner to work with a variety of individuals across the business to drive direct hiring solutions and help develop the CMR recruitment brand, generate pipeline, and manage the candidate experience leading the recruitment process. You will be part of the People Team (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) and will support our rapidly growing business ensuring we recruit the best talent into our roles. You will be creative and a supporter of our values; you will partner with both candidates and hiring managers to understand needs and requirements to make sure we place the right people in the right roles. You will be excited about continuously improving the hiring process and candidate journey, and about being able to use analytics and information to improve understanding of our markets, to enhance how we attract great people! This is a unique opportunity to help shape the way we recruit to ensure the success of CMR Surgical’s state-of-the-art surgical robotics system.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be working closely with our small but busy People Team and hiring managers across the business. The role will be hands-on with responsibilities such as:
- Work with the business / hiring managers to understand talent / recruitment needs, understanding the requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the CMR Surgical team
- Work collaboratively with People team and hiring managers to identify successful methods of attracting candidates such as referrals, events, sourcing campaigns, agencies
- Use tools such as LinkedIn to proactively identify, engage, and evaluate, and recruit passive candidates
- Build talent pipelines and actively track activity sharing with the business and hiring managers
- Work closely with the business and hiring mangers throughout the search / recruitment process providing consistent communication and market insights
- Plan, design and execute appropriate interview processes / assessments for each role working collaboratively with People team and hiring managers
- Review CVs, conduct first level screening and interview candidates providing feedback to interview panel on fit
- Identify, encourage and co-ordinate brand-enhancing activities such as talks from the CMR team at universities or networking events. Raise CMR’s profile at local and national level and engage with appropriate networks on behalf of the Company
- Recommend and drive improvements to address and improve pipeline to fill the impossible roles!
You’ll be an experienced recruitment professional, who’s keen to support CMR’s desire to recruit and retain great talent. You are likely to have a good degree or equivalent experience.
Of course, you’ll be well-organised, engaging, diligent and reliable with great communication skills and passionate about finding the right candidates. Above all you’ll be a top-notch team-player, comfortable working in a non-hierarchical environment and prepared to do whatever is required to get the job done.
More specifically you will have:
- Ambition to increase the quality and flow of candidates, and the energy and creativity needed to take ownership of the CMR recruitment brand
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a desire to be proactive and on-board with the CMR vision and values
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Confidence in communicating with and speaking to a variety of people in a number of contexts (i.e. networking opportunities, careers fairs, interview candidates, colleagues)
- A good degree or relevant experience and qualifications
- The ability to maintain an overview of all recruitment activities while at the same time demonstrating rigorous attention to detail
- Experience of working with a rapidly growing organisation and moving from R&D to commercial scale-up
- Experience of international expansion, employment practices and compensation
- High proficiency using technology to improve efficient and effectiveness of recruitment processes (ATS)
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills – easily adapting to changing business needs and adept at juggling numerous projects and deadlines
- A results-oriented mentality, naturally focusing efforts on innovative and cost effective solutions
- Good judgment and maturity, proven leadership, and strong analytical skills
- You will be comfortable with European and international travel to support the business as we grow
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.