Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Organising and leading meetings both internally and externally with suppliers in remit
- Monitoring of supplier performance and feedback performance for continuous supplier improvement
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with critical and key suppliers within assigned material category
- Take ownership for daily activities in respect of suppliers within remit, placing PO’s, expediting and general performance
- Proactively communicate design changes to supply base and agree implementation and timescales accordingly
- Preparation and communication of build data packs, BOM’s, Drawings & work instructions to suppliers
- Visiting suppliers as part of a multifunctional team, to support the application of new designs or problem resolution
- Supporting with the development of ERP system against Procurement requirements
- Source new and alternative sources as necessary following new supplier guidelines
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Additional professional qualification highly desirable (CIPS)
- A self-motivated and customer focused approach
- A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
- Proven decision-making experience
- Experienced Purchasing background in relevant discipline or industry
- A good understanding of technical terms with respect to Mechanical and/or Electronic materials, to enable confident communication with suppliers and internal engineering
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.