Working within the Customer Operations Team, you will be instrumental in maintaining maximum up-time of Versius Systems in the field. Your background in Field Service will help define how we provide world class technical support to our customers, either directly or through our distributors and potential service partners. Your natural customer focus and understanding of Field Service challenges will help CMR deliver an excellent customer experience. You’ll be key in providing technical support to engineers in the field and resolving issues escalating to our Rapid Response, Tier 3 or design teams. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can combine your organisational, trouble shooting and great communication skills then this could be the perfect role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Be responsible for development of CMR’s technical product support team supporting CMR and 3rd party Field Service engineers
- Work closely with all resources in Customer Operations, Service, Engineering and Clinical Implementation to resolve customer issues
- Drive data analysis, metrics and forecasting regarding faults, recurrent issues and future spare parts requirements
- Work with Engineering and Field Service teams to develop Service Protocols and training programmes
- Work with Engineering teams to identify product improvements to ensure greater serviceability and reliability
- Work closely with Cust Ops & Service Implementation teams on strategy and roll out of technical support in new geographies and business models (subsidiaries, distributors, 3rd party service etc)
- On-call support for critical issues and escalation
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to ensure a high focus on exceeding customer needs with internal and external customers
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything with the technical support and Field Service remit that helps the team deliver its objectives, including spending time in the field.
You will need to:
- Be educated to degree level, coupled with significant professional experience in both Field Service and technical product support
- Be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in high pressure situations and maintain strong customer relationships
- Have a proven track record in independently trouble shooting complex electro-mechanical systems
- Have strong data and analytical skills to identify patterns in incidents
- Be able to develop and maintain Field Service protocols, train engineers and partners
- Have experience of using Field Service software, CRM and ERP systems and driving continuous process improvement
- Communicate effectively with internal manufacturing, professional education and commercial teams
- Have a proven track record of leading and working with multi-national teams
- Have experience of providing remote technical support
- Be prepared to be part of an on-call rota and spend time at customer sites worldwide
It would be desirable for you to:
- Be fluent in a second European language
- Have experience within a regulated environment or medical devices market
- Be trained in process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
- Be familiar with the operating theatre environment and basic surgical procedures
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.