As a technical skills trainer you will be primarily responsible for delivering system training sessions to surgical teams, ensuring the competent setup and operation of the Versius robotic system as well as providing product knowledge support to those teams during their initial proctored cases. You will be an integral part of the Clinical Education team and will liaise with fellow trainers and other team members in the co-ordination and success of ‘hands-on’ residential courses. In additional you will play a crucial role in establishing an internal training programme for the training and education of new CMR employees.
Why join us?
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
As a key member of the multi-disciplinary, world class medical device company, your responsibilities will include:
Training development & delivery: Delivering both residential customer training programmes and internal system training. Supporting the development of training materials and content. Supporting our work with surgical societies to support the safe and effective adoption of robotic assisted minimal access surgery. Evaluation of and partnering with training centres.
Product Demonstrations: Leading product demonstrations on all products, offering product support to sales representatives where needed.
Technology: Understanding of new and existing technology platforms and utilise them appropriately to effectively engage multiple stakeholders and reinforce key learning concepts.
Market and Industry Knowledge: Understanding and applying market, competitor, and health care compliance knowledge. Understand the external marketplace including competitive offerings, changing stakeholders, and using this to help shape the delivery of training programmes.
Case Support: Assisting with the adoption of the Versius system in a clinical environment and identifying the need for further training.
You’ll need to be enthusiastic about clinical education and how it can drive up the effectiveness of robotic or other technology deployments. You’ll enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team, interacting with clinicians, engineers, medical professionals, and business partners and ideally have some, or all the following:
History of being involved in education training and programs
• Significant relevant experience working either as an industry representative or healthcare professional in an operating room environment. Appreciation of best clinical practice and the challenges of working in surgery
• Knowledge of surgical environment, terminology, common surgical procedures, ideally minimally invasive procedures • Knowledge of healthcare industry and trends
• Ability to build relationships with key customers and opinion leaders
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, Clear and concise writing and presentation style, particularly when describing technical content
• Comfortable working with highly technical material, and strong ability to present the complex in clear, simple terms
• Experience in curriculum design/training facilitation and/or Instructional Design is preferred
• Ability to contribute to a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and use MS Office applications.
• Ability to research, gather, digest and summarise technical matter (both clinical and technical)
You will be fluent (native speaker equivalent) in English and in at least one of the following: German, Italian, French and / or Arabic.
While ultimately you will spend much of your time deployed to hospitals or learning centres, you should be prepared to spend the majority of your time at our Cambridge, UK headquarters for at least the first 3 months of your time at CMR. Following this, extensive European and global travel will be required.
There may be extensive global travel and you must be flexible in your work hours to accommodate weekend training events.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now legendary monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!