We're looking for an experienced and proactive industrialisation engineer to join our growing team in Cambridge, UK. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can combine your technical, trouble shooting and supplier management skills then this could be the perfect role for you.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal minimal access surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
Every day will be different, but some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Working as part of the procurement team, you’ll be technically managing all CMR’s vendors to ensure delivery of all components and assemblies
- Ensuring accurate technical delivery of outstanding purchase orders is maintained and aligned with business requirements
- Working collaboratively with the Industrialisation team technically engaging in supplier sourcing activities and reviewing the suitability of potential new component suppliers
- As required, visiting potential supplier business locations to ascertain suitability as a technically capable organisation for long term supply
- Building and maintaining robust relationships with key internal customers, notably Design, Quality and Industrialisation, to ensure a robust bi-directional understanding of needs
Naturally you’ll be passionate about high quality delivery and have strong experience of technical supplier management. We’d also like you to have:
- A good degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of technical supplier management within a medical device manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage
- High attention to detail and strong work ethic, with a flexible approach to a role
- The ability to build excellent relationships, engaging with people and situations at all levels
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office Tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (with high standard of spoken & written English)
- Willingness to travel globally if required
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.