We're looking for an experienced and proactive industrialisation engineer to join our growing team in Cambridge, UK. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can combine your technical, trouble shooting and supplier management skills then this could be the perfect role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Working as part of the procurement team, you’ll be technically managing all CMR’s vendors to ensure delivery of all components and assemblies
- Ensuring accurate technical delivery of outstanding purchase orders is maintained and aligned with business requirements
- Working collaboratively with the Industrialisation team technically engaging in supplier sourcing activities and reviewing the suitability of potential new component suppliers
- As required, visiting potential supplier business locations to ascertain suitability as a technically capable organisation for long term supply
- Building and maintaining robust relationships with key internal customers, notably Design, Quality and Industrialisation, to ensure a robust bi-directional understanding of needs
Naturally you’ll be passionate about high quality delivery and have strong experience of technical supplier management. We’d also like you to have:
- A good degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of technical supplier management within a medical device manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage
- High attention to detail and strong work ethic, with a flexible approach to a role
- The ability to build excellent relationships, engaging with people and situations at all levels
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office Tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (with high standard of spoken & written English)
- Willingness to travel globally if required
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.