Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be part of a close-knit and dynamic team, and your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating, proof-reading and editing documents to high standards of accuracy and readability
- Collaborating with teams across the company to maintain up-to-date information in line with standards for medical device development
- Researching, digesting, clarifying and presenting technical information, in text and diagrams
- Contributing to scaling up and improving our technical communications processes as the company grows
Naturally you’ll be enthusiastic about writing and making documents clear, functional and accurate. You will have at least a 2.1 degree from a top university. You’ll enjoy finding things out by talking to colleagues from different disciplines, and you will be curious, proactive, and a great team player.
You will ideally have:
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- An analytical approach and a quick grasp of functions and relationships of parts across a complex system
- Attention to detail and consistency across a large number of documents
- An ability to portray information effectively using graphics and photos
- Experience with Microsoft Word, ideally to an advanced level
- A track record of creating high-quality technical content, perhaps in writing up research projects
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.