We’re looking for a keen, curious and extremely detail orientated technical writer to continue essential technical communications. Working within the Clinical Engineering Team, you will utilise your attention to detail and ability to assimilate technical information to work with our microbiologists to develop reports that demonstrate compliance with international reprocessing and biocompatibility standards as well as help in the development of associated instructional materials.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be part of a close-knit and dynamic team, and your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating, proof-reading and editing documents to high standards of accuracy and readability
- Working in the reprocessing & biocompatibility team to maintain up-to-date reports demonstrating compliance with international regulatory standards
- Supporting the development of summative protocols and reports
- Supporting senior scientists in developing the necessary paperwork to support regulatory filings
- Researching, digesting, clarifying and presenting technical information, in text and diagrams
- Reviewing external documents for consistency, accuracy and adherence to internal requirements
Naturally you’ll be enthusiastic about writing and making documents clear, functional and accurate. You will have at least a 2.1 degree (ideally in the biomedical or life science). You’ll enjoy finding things out by talking to colleagues from different disciplines, and you will be curious, proactive, and a great team player.
You will ideally have:
- Be detail oriented with excellent organisational skills.
- Be a clear and concise written and oral communicator
- Experience in extracting salient information from technical documents and summarising for a non-technical audience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, ideally to an advanced level
- A track record of creating high-quality technical content
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.