Want to get into the fast-growing world of surgical robots? We’re looking for a keen, curious and detail-orientated Technical Writer to produce high quality technical communications relating to our growing Customer Operations, Technical Service and Support. The Technical Writer will have oversight of the creation of documentation and ensure digital content is written in a consistent voice so it is readily understood by our customers and users. We pride ourselves on good documentation, we want you to help us make it great.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be part of a dynamic team helping define and document our technical service and operations support protocols, your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating, proof-reading and editing documents to high standards of accuracy and readability
- Collaborating with teams across the company to maintain up-to-date information in line with standards for medical device development
- Researching, digesting, clarifying and presenting technical information, in text and diagrams
- Overseeing transition of content from documentary form to digital delivery
- Contributing to scaling up and improving our technical communications processes as the company grows
Naturally you’ll be enthusiastic about writing and making documents clear, functional and accurate. You’ll enjoy finding things out by talking to colleagues from different disciplines, and you will be curious, proactive, and a great team player.
Success in this role requires:
- At least a 2.1 degree
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- An analytical approach and a quick grasp of functions and relationships of parts across a complex system
- Attention to detail and consistency across a large number of document.
- An ability to portray information effectively using graphics and photos
- Experience with Microsoft Word, to an advanced level
- Eagerness to adopt modern digital content delivery methods
- A track record of creating high-quality technical content, perhaps in writing up research projects
- Experience with Jira and Confluence desirable
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.