Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be designing and documenting detailed test procedures to satisfy complex and safety critical requirements. This will include:
- Performing tests on prototype level devices using varied and experimental approaches
- Evaluating and modifying existing tests for their effectiveness and robustness
- Evaluating testing needs based on technical and risk-based requirements (including hardware and test equipment needs)
- Analysing and debugging any issues alongside engineering team to help derive root cause.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Systems and Test remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A keen interest in technology with an inquisitive nature
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- A good degree (at least 2.1) in a technical / scientific discipline
- Familiarity of working with configuration management
- A proven understanding of the verification process end to end
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Verification of Medical Devices
- Working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to source control systems and JIRA
- Familiarity with working with embedded systems
- Appreciation of both hardware and software
- Experience of Python (or other scripting language)
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.