We’re looking for an exceptional Calibration Technician to join our Quality Assurance Team, based in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to our Senior Quality Engineer you will support with process control and administration activities of our Quality Management System, specifically on equipment asset management and their calibration, with a main duty of managing day-to-day activity with the maintenance of the process. This will include providing guidance to the business on the process and management of assets.
About CMR Surgical
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
At CMR we’re pushing boundaries – enhancing immense human skill with technology to deliver the best surgical care which is why we’re proud to be the Official Medical Device Partner of ParalympicsGB, the team of elite athletes that challenge perceptions of what humans can achieve. The team that inspires us with their determination, their precision and control.
We’re breaking new ground which makes working here exciting, it provides autonomy, opportunity and makes the things you do visible. Come and join us and see what you’re capable of.
- Supporting our Quality Management System by ensuring maximum availability and comprehensive control of asset management by efficient planned maintenance and scheduling work, with the aim of reducing downtime and maximising time for asset users and stakeholders across all sites.
- Providing technical support and service in liaison with Calibration Houses and other stakeholders within the business, while providing comprehensive, practical asset management and calibration solutions as well as keeping critical test assets and equipment within calibration date.
- Hosting and arranging third party suppliers when required for specialist on-site calibration including identifying space requirements for the workspace, contacting calibration houses by phone and email as and when required, organising/sending/receiving assets to/from third party suppliers, reviewing subsequent paperwork and updating relevant documentation associated with asset management process.
- Ensuring that all works on planned and unplanned maintenance and calibration are completed in full compliance with requirements and within metric timeline as applicable.
- Assisting and coordinating various stakeholders to promptly respond, discuss, communicate, and resolve asset-related problems raised ensuring that concerns are dealt with efficiently to maintain availability of site and user equipment.
- Raising and following up relevant Deviations and CAPA when calibration results are outside their tolerance and/or have failed calibration, escalating and reporting to a line manager if required.
- Supporting formal and informal training and awareness to wider business on calibration process and requirements by applying best practices to support the achievement of required levels needed to maintain conformance to procedure, quality management system, and regulatory requirements.
- Analysing data to recognise spare requirements and analysing stock of assets as necessary ensuring availability and suitability of test and measurement assets and equipment.
- Pro-actively promote quality culture of continual improvement supporting QA department to deliver set objectives.
- Other duties including those deemed relevant by management and team within the department to ensure the business remains operational
We’re a high growth company and roles can change and evolve. You’ll be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Quality Assurance remit that supports the team with delivering its objectives.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have/be:
- A sound knowledge, understanding, and experience on asset management and calibration control, with a skill set of managing day-to-day activity of equipment asset management.
- A flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a fast-paced working environment, or by a wide range of tasks and ability to prioritise with excellent organisational and planning skills to manage deliverables and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Highly driven, ambitious, motivated, with a can-do attitude, resilient and open to change in a fast paced, ever-changing business.
- Professional approach, good team player, helpful and service-oriented with ability to chair meetings in liaison with departmental managers.
- Excellent written and verbal English language, strong people skills, effective communicator and can confidently engage with a range of various stakeholders.
- An excellent individual who thrives on working with others to find solutions, strives for continuous improvement and is able to adapt working style to achieve goals.
- Excellent IT literacy with good understanding of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), able to quickly learn and adapt to company software such as NetSuite, JIRA, M-Files.
- Meticulous attitude with good attention to detail, and ability to proofread and quality check documents.
- A key driver of change with ability to make data-based and quality-based decisions.
It would also be helpful if you have:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is required or good educational standard with qualifications/college courses relevant to the industry, requirements, and job level.
- Some Quality experience especially in calibration and maintenance within regulated industry e.g., pharmaceutical, medical device, food processing, etc.
- Working knowledge, understanding and experience of ISO 13485 or GMP implementation with compliance audit background, Internal Auditor trained – preferably to ISO 13485.
- Excellent knowledge of quality requirements.
At CMR we’re building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; what matters most to us is that you identify with our values and are passionate about making a difference so don’t be put off applying if your experience isn't perfectly matched with this role.
We’d really like to hear from applicants from underrepresented groups and we recognise everyone has individual personal circumstances, so we’re open to discussing reduced / flexible / hybrid working hours for this role.
Why Join Us?
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including a bonus, non-contributory pension, private healthcare which covers pre-existing conditions, annual personal day for every employee to use however they wish and enhanced global parental leave pay.
We recognise that everyone has a life outside of work and at times we can experience things which are significant and can impact on our working lives. We’ve just launched our Global Parental Leave and Health and Wellbeing leave supporting our colleagues going through the menopause, fertility cycles or pregnancy loss and those going through gender reassignment; allowing them time to look after themselves and those close to them.
CMR can support with travel reimbursement for in-person interviews, providing you live a certain distance from our offices/ sites or if you need a taxi for access needs. Please just get in touch with us email@example.com if you have any questions about this, we’re happy to help.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!