If you want to get into the fast-growing world of surgical robotics - then this is the role for you! We’re looking for an ambitious and hardworking, native Russian-speaking graduate to join our Commercial team, who can dive straight into the world of cutting-edge medical technology and play a key role in launching our system. Focused on supporting and driving commercial excellence at CMR Surgical you will be engaging with a variety of healthcare stakeholders to commercialise the next generation of robotic-assisted surgery devices.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Supporting in-field new business meetings with a wide variety of stakeholders alongside our Commercial Executives and Specialists
- Assisting with the development of content for Versius business cases
- Leading various stages of the commercial process with mentoring support of senior members of the team
- Responding reactively to interest in use of Versius in existing accounts as well as pro-actively seeking opportunities to expand existing programmes
- Supporting Commercial/Marketing in liaising with current/potential customers regarding major events/exhibitions and representing CMR Surgical at conferences
- Ensuring Salesforce is kept up to date relating to all customer interactions
- Managing and co-ordinating demonstration equipment by tracking inventory, to ensure availability of all required equipment at the right place/right time for EU commercial activities.
- Supporting in-theatre activities & customer facing activities alongside members of the commercial team including demonstrations of the Versius System in dry/wet lab settings
- Developing foundation knowledge of surgery relating to abdominal/laparoscopic and how robotics can be utilised in this setting.
- Observing lap and robotic cases in theatre to further knowledge of procedural steps in key target procedures for Versius applications.
- Collaborating with other teams in the business including Clinical, Professional Education and Technical Support
We’re a high growth company and, as such, roles change and evolve; you must be willing to turn your hand to anything the Commercial team may need to help them deliver their objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, you’ll also be a graduate with some relevant experience in industry preferably in Medical Devices – what counts the most is the character of the individual. Can you sell yourself? We also expect you to be highly curious, outgoing and above all be able to demonstrate a self-starter attitude.
You will be fluent in Russian (native speaker equivalent) and have an excellent knowledge of English.
- You’ll be entering the operating room environment so we’re looking for team members that can face “The sight of blood”. No knowledge of hospitals is required, but you need to understand you’d face that environment (it’s not for everyone)
- You should be comfortable with standard Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel and Word) and be mobile device savvy
- You must be able to work in teams as this will be a fundamental part of the CMR approach to commercialising in this market
- You should be driven by learning, as this role will have a very steep and challenging learning curve
- You’ll be inherently self-disciplined, as much of the role will be autonomous and require diligent and persistent follow up
- You’ll be highly motivated and ethical – you will need the ability to represent the CMR brand
- You’ll demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills – you will need the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
Sales is never 9 to 5, so you must be flexible in work hours, weekends and open to being called to action at short notice. Although you will be based in the UK, this role will include regular travel of 3 – 4 days per week across Europe as well as further afield.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.