Reporting to the Chief Technology officer you will have overall responsibility for project delivery within the Technology function. The Technology function is responsible for the continued development of CMR’s Versius platform and entirely new CMR products.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Review progress of projects and programmes, resolving challenges around resourcing and scheduling
- Work across the business to understand and satisfy the needs of stakeholders in other business functions
- Ensure all Technology projects are effectively planned, managed, and delivered to the required specification or needs of the department by the agreed deadlines
- Instil and foster a culture of excellence in project management
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer to manage implications of Versius design changes on ongoing project work.
- Analyse specific business and technology problems to ensure business needs and requirements are met
- Define and manage the necessary project management tool(s) and processes to enable easy collaboration and communication between project stakeholders
- Lead a group of Project Managers, providing the appropriate guidance and support in the form of coaching and mentoring
- Define the processes and metrics to track and report project progress with a focus on budget, scope, resources, and schedule
- Proven experience leading and managing a team or group of Project Managers
- Demonstrable track record of managing a portfolio of large-scale, high-profile strategic projects
- Strong experience across multiple stages of the project lifecycle from project initiation through to successful delivery
- Background working in a highly regulated industry
- The ability to determine resource needs, recommend solutions and deliver against a strategy
- Excellent influencing skills that achieve results
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organisational skills and the flexibility to cope with varying demands
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.