Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us.
Working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team we’re looking for electronics engineers to:
- Design highly integrated circuit boards which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics for robotic systems
- Capture schematics and guide the PCB layout process to ensure new and updated designs meet mechanical and regulatory constraints
- Work with mechanical, software and manufacturing teams to ensure designs are optimised for integration with other system components and the manufacturing process
- Write documentation for requirements, design and manufacturing test specifications
- Debug issues at PCB and system level and write technical documents to support findings
- Work with internal and external manufacturing partners to help maintain a design that can be manufactured and tested reliably and repeatedly
- Work at all stages of the design cycle from concept and requirements capture through to transferring the design to manufacture
Ideally you will be qualified to degree level in electronics or a related discipline with a few years’ experience developing electronics for real world applications. You will be an enthusiastic and proactive team player and keen to produce work to the highest standards.
Required skills and experience
- You will have a solid grasp of electronics engineering fundamentals and their application to real world problems
- Experience and familiarity with the circuit design process and tools used for schematic capture and circuit simulation
- Good practical knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with common lab test equipment
Experience of the following would also be desirable:
- Design for manufacture and test
- Product design processes such as requirements capture, change control, verification, manufacturing and risk analysis methods such as FMEAs
- Familiarity with designing to medical, safety and EMC standards
- Designing with programmable logic such as FPGAs and CPLDs
- Embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
- Designing electronics in a multi-disciplinary team
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.