We’re looking for a highly experienced, driven, Head of Quality Assurance. You will have a passion for detail and excellence, to help us execute world-class manufacturing and to bring the next generation of minimal access, surgical-assist robot to market.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Reporting to the Chief Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Officer, you will provide vision, leadership, support, collaboration and direction that ensures our systems and instruments are delivered to the highest standard. Your collaborative nature and logical approach will enable you to confidently manage a range of stakeholders across the global business, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, and innovations embraced.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve, and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the quality remit that helps the team deliver high quality product off the line. Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Quality function is driving excellence throughout the company, including our manufacturing and supply chain functions
- Managing quality teams and projects across the business
- Leading the development of the Quality Management System
- Creating and implementing best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Driving efficiency improvements in the application of quality engineering principles throughout the business from R&D to manufacturing, including the full design release and engineering change cycles
- Leading and preparing the company for audits, assessments and inspections from all accreditation bodies and customers
- Evaluating quality process and results, re-calibrating initiatives to embrace changing needs
- Contributing to the annual budget process
- Mentoring the team and assisting with recruitment of high-quality candidates for the team.
- Clearly communicating the company’s vision and values.
Success in this role requires:
- Leadership and management experience at a senior level: coaching/mentoring/growing/shrinking teams; managing upwards and horizontally
- Proven track record for driving up quality in a cost-sensitive, medium volume mechanical product with a complex supply chain
- Substantial experience in a multinational highly regulated industry (automotive, aerospace), including full responsibility for QA
- Working knowledge of medical device related standards / regulations
- Good working knowledge of GMP and how it applies to medical devices
You must have at least 2 of the following
- MBA or similar qualification
- International quality system experience (China, South Korea, Japan, Brazil)
- Sterile product QA experience
- Proven track record of driving up quality culture and compliance within a company through design, development and manufacturing
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.