If you’re a bright, ambitious mechanical engineer, we’ve got an exciting job working in our Cambridge office. As part of our growing mechanical team, you will help to create, analyse and develop innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems at our head office in Cambridge.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We are an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Implement creative solutions which meet key requirements and utilise different technologies
- Deliver specific tasks, within agreed timescales and budget, as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Write technical reports and produce high quality design documentation
- Collaborate widely across teams to ensure that designs are delivered to the highest standard throughout the product development process
Of course, you will have an excellent degree in a relevant engineering discipline and some industry experience. You will also be a great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest possible standards. We’d also like you to have some or all of the below:
- Experience of designing complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Analytical skills, including structural and tolerance analysis and use of FEA, mathematical analysis and modelling tools.
- Experience of technical documentation (including GD&T) and design calculations to achieve high performance and reliability
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to influence design choices and ease of manufacture
- Exposure and appreciation of the requirements of operating and developing medical products under ISO13485
- Appreciation of mechatronic systems with high precision and fast response characteristics would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.