Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us.
Working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team the role includes:
- Layout of PCBs involving complex requirements and working with the design team to optimise within tight constraints
- Layout of tightly integrated power, analogue and high-speed digital circuits
- Working with mechanical engineers to review mechanical constraints and PCB outlines
- Managing component libraries and standardising PCB templates
- Working with schematics which use hierarchical designs and sheet re-use
- Maintaining the PCB design tools, database and updates
- Corresponding with third parties to optimise manufacturability
- Rapid turnaround of prototype PCBs
Ideally you will have a few years’ experience in laying out complex boards and be familiar with multi-disciplinary product design processes. We’re also looking for you to have:
- Experience in multi-layer, BGA escapement, DDR routing, and advanced technologies such as flex / flexi-rigid; blind vias; buried vias
- Experience managing component databases
- Expert level user skills with one or more modern PCB CAD tools, including good working knowledge of using Altium Designer
- Experience working under formal change control, managing and controlling changes from request through to implementation
- Design review experience for schematics and layouts
- Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and test
- Designing to IPC standards
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!