We are looking for a keen, proactive and detail-oriented People Team Advisor (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) to support our growing business and to ensure CMR is a supportive and caring employer and an excellent place to work. We want our employees to have a great experience and must to be able to support our employees and managers to handle whatever may come their way day to day as well as ensuring we have the tools in place to be prepared for our future. No two days are the same, and you will support the team to ensure we provide the best service to all in the business!
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Acting as a source of knowledge for all things People for our employees and managers
- Supporting employees as a first point of contact to answer any queries and questions they may have, escalating to Business Partner or Chief People Officer when needed
- Supporting the People team across all areas of the employee lifecycle; onboarding, offboarding, exit interviews and everything in between, working with the team to identify areas for improvements and creative solutions – we’re open to all ideas!
- Providing support and guidance to Managers to enable them to provide first rate leadership to their team across all areas; learning and development, performance, absence and anything else they might need
- Maintaining and updating HR information systems ensuring accurate employment, personal, and payroll records
- Proactively managing expiry of right to work and tier 2 sponsorship license providing support to People team, managers and employees
- Contributing to the development of all People team policies ensuring alignment with current legislation
- Supporting recruitment including interviewing and interview set up, ensuring a great candidate experience
- Taking an active role in delivering various projects assigned to you or supporting colleagues in the delivery of group projects
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- CIPD – Level 5 or 7 qualification
- Sound knowledge of practices of Human Resources
- Ability to ease discussions with groups and individuals
- Good judgment and maturity, professional approach, and strong analytical skills
- Able to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals
- Ability to work effectively with other team members
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!