Based at our headquarters in Cambridge, we’re looking for a Professional Education Curriculum Development Manager to work closely with our internal training and external customer-facing teams to create and develop relevant training content, materials and resources.
Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us.
You will be responsible for all aspects of content development and creation for both internal and external training.
This should include:
- Use a metric-based approach to curriculum design and development
- Assess the most appropriate methodologies for course delivery
- Working closely with usability and human factors teams determine the most effective methodology for training programme validation
- Design processes to track delegate progress along learning curves
- Identify reporting requirements for monitoring of delegate progress
- Ensure course content is constantly updated to align with product changes
- Identify gaps in the curriculum and incorporate external and internal customer feedback when updating and creating content
- Produce content suitable for learners with varying learning objectives
- Work together with medical director(s) regarding new innovative approaches to curriculum development
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Professional Education remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline for example Instructional Design
- In-depth understanding of adult learning principles, a formal qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of remote learning and virtual educational technologies
- The ability to prioritise multiple projects with varying requirements and timelines
- Previous leadership and management skills are desirable as you will be involved in recruiting and line-managing the growing Content Development team
- The desire to be a team player with experience of collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.