Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us.
In this role we are looking for someone who can:
- Enthusiastically engage with users to create great products that meet key engineering requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed timescales and budget
- Write clear and concise technical documentation
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Experience with Node.js
- Able to provide technical leadership
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Great communication skills
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Motivated to improve outcomes for patients
Experience with some/all of the following:
- Express, React, Redux
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and services
- Experience working with AWS (or another cloud platform)
- Understanding of serverless architectures
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Knowledge of some/all of the following:
- Docker, Terraform
- Experience with relational databases and use of SQL
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and TeamCity
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.