We’re looking for highly capable, enthusiastic Python developers to join our growing cloud software team in Cambridge. You’d be taking a pivotal role in the development of our new Python-based platform for monitoring/analysis of our minimally invasive surgical robotic system.
Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us.
In this role, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop maintainable and robust software (primarily Python) following best practices
- Enthusiastically engage with users to create great products that meet key engineering requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Write clear and concise technical documentation
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the software remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You’ll have a degree in a STEM subject, and be able to demonstrate strong Python software development skills developed through professional experience. You’re the kind of person who has a passion for high quality software, a drive to continually learn new skills, and a determination to deliver great software within agreed timescales.
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Great communication skills
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Motivated to improve outcomes for patients
- Experience working with AWS (or another cloud platform)
- Understanding of serverless architectures
- Experience with Git
- Bash scripting
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Knowledge of some/all of the following:
- Docker, Terraform, Ansible, tox, pytest, numpy, pandas
- Experience with relational databases and use of SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and TeamCity
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.