Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next genera-tion of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access sur-gery is developed and delivered, then it is a great time to join us..
The Systems & Technology group provides broad expertise to CMR’s product development function in Systems Engineering, generalist science and engineering to solve inter-disciplinary problems and integrate new products. As part of growing and developing this multidisciplined group (team), your responsibilities will include:
- Line management of the group
- Recruitment, identifying and growing technical capabilities to support technology strategy
- Planning and overview of group activities
- Progress reporting of group activities to Head of Systems and Reliability
- Technical contribution to a range of projects such as
- new product development,
- root cause analysis of complex of issues,
- integration of software, hardware and third party technology into complete products
- Project or technical leadership as and when required
- Mentoring best practice risk management across development teams
- Maintaining the highest standards of system technical documentation
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything required of your team to help deliver its objectives.
With a solid background in Engineering, you will have experience of leading a technical team in an interdisciplinary environment. We would also expect you to have an inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, you should have demonstrated experience of:
- A systems engineering approach to product design
- Line management
- Planning and delivering small projects
- Writing requirements and test protocols
- Requirement Management systems
- Exposure to Risk Management
- A good degree (at least 2.1) in a technical or scientific discipline
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Software skills for prototype development
- Data science and exploratory statistics
- Design of experiments
- Medical device industry experience, including standards and regulation
- Experience in another safety-critical industry, such as automotive or aerospace
- Working in an Agile environment
- Experience of delivering products to market
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.