Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals. Everyone at CMR has the passion and desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered.
We’re breaking new ground which makes working here exciting, it provides autonomy, opportunity and makes the things you do visible – if you’re great at managing your own time, are creative, patient and resilient, we think you’ll fit right in.
From isolating a faulty sensor, supporting the development of software diagnostics tools, to resolving cloud infrastructure issues, no two days will be the same. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can leverage your technical, troubleshooting and collaborative skills, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Providing first-line technical support to the Production, Testing and Manufacturing Engineering teams
- Analysing recurring failures/problems and gaining deeper insights into failure modes to improve diagnostic methods
- Honing the reliability of the system by identifying opportunities for upstream process improvements and product design changes
- Contributing to our internal knowledge database on diagnostics processes
- Create and/or deploy Python software tools to aid diagnostics to enable data gathering and analysis
- Leveraging systems engineering knowledge to map system level behaviours to sub-system/sub-component requirements
- Working closely with technical teams across CMR, ranging from R&D through to the Field Service Engineering teams to give feedback on technical issues and ensure internal customer satisfaction
We’re a high growth company and roles can change and evolve. You’ll need to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Operations remit that supports the team with delivering its objectives.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A strong background in a relevant engineering discipline or science discipline (e.g physics)
- A persistent problem-solving mindset to engage in investigation and troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical assembly
- Excellent communication skills ranging from the ability to present to audiences of varying technical interest to authoring high quality technical documentation
- A pro-active mindset in ensuring internal customers receive a high quality of service
- Desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment, interfacing with teams across the company, from embedded software, mechanical and manufacturing engineers, to service and support, data and quality departments.
It would also be helpful if you have experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Demonstrable interests in any combination of: software, electronics and mechanics
- Be comfortable with processing log files, database contents, ElasticSearch.
- Able to read and understand C/C++ and Python, in addition to using source control
- An appreciation of the operational aspects of working in a Production environment
- Experience of JIRA (Atlassian software)
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. CMR is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. We believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that our people stay and develop. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!